Making Cygnet a better place to live and visit.
The Cygnet Association (Inc) was formed in 2014 when Council decided to disband the former HVC Township Committees.
- Working with HVC we are very pleased to have 17 new Ash trees along Mary Street. These will grow to provide shade in the summer and a colourful display of autumn colours. It will take time but these should become a major feature of our streetscape. As funds permit we hope to plant more. If you would like to ‘sponsor a tree’ or have us plant a ‘memorial tree’ on your behalf please let us know. (No, this is not a photo of some that have just been planted but hopefully they will look like that in a few years).
- As funds become available we hope to plant more of these Lednaw Aerial Ash (fraxinus pennsylvanica) around the Mary Street car park to enhance this heritage area and complement the existing plantings. Here are a couple of “before and after” shots to demonstrate how we envisage this area.
- We have an ongoing project of installing interpretive plaques on many of the historic buildings in the township.
- Pedestrian safety and good access is high on our list. A priority is the building of a safe walkway between the Sailing Club and the Public Jetty and then on towards Catos Bay. Council has agreed and we have been told that this is at the top of the list as grant funds become available.
- We are lobbying Council to act on the 2009 Cygnet Township Plan which includes the building of a new road to the east of Mary Street to alleviate congestion in Mary Street and provide additional parking.
- We are pleased to announce that a lift to the upstairs of the Town Hall (the Supper Room) has been included in this year’s HVC budget and we would like to acknowledge Marrianne Bekkema’s role in lobbying for that this to be installed.
If you have ideas for projects, want to get involved, or simply want to support our work, new members are very welcome. As are donations!
Membership is only $5 / year.